Website Bowery Farming
About The Role
Bowery Farming is looking for a passionate and committed Grower to join the team. You will be responsible for the crop health of each farm, monitoring crop health and performance in our growing facilities. With the goal of operational excellence, the Grower will leverage software-driven data collection & analysis to manage the growing environment and cultural practices at Bowery’s farms, ensuring the highest quality produce makes its way to our customers. Working with colleagues in Operations, Data Science, Engineering and AgScience, the Grower will ensure that environmental conditions, plant nutrition, and practices are maintained according to Bowery standards. You will also be implementing new innovations into production. The role will be based at our R&D farm in Kearny, NJ and make site visits to HQ and all Bowery farms regularly.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze yield and quality in our farms, troubleshooting crop issues and diagnose health, damage or quality issues.
- Complete root cause analysis of any issues using data and develop action plans for operations team to execute.
- Monitor and contribute to pest and disease management programs.
- Continually test and revise cultivation practices and products in partnership with R&D and Operations teams.
- Documents standard cultivation practices in SOPs and provide training for Farm Operators.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about our mission, excited to revolutionize agriculture.
- You can work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
- You have the versatility to collaborate with individuals at all levels and across various functions.
- You’re an excellent oral and written communicator who is able to shift between technical discussions and layman’s terms with ease
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and satisfaction of your teammates
- You’re a poised multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment with way too much stuff to do
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.