What You’ll Do:
- You’ll manage day to day growing operations in Bowery’s farms and help plan growing operations for future farms in conjunction with the systems engineering and agricultural science teams.
- You’ll lead a team of Agricultural Technicians to ensure farm health is maintained across critical systems, disease and seed management and nutrient performance.
- Diagnosing infield crop performance and providing feedback to our Agricultural Science team.You’ll be a critical partner in transitioning new products from R&D to an operational environment.
- You’ll support our food safety program and that all of our produce is handled according to our rigid safety standards
- You’ll influence daily activity and recommend new techniques and processes that will make our farm operators more efficient and effective.
- You’ll influence our crop development roadmap, and help us evaluate new varieties for quality, yield and taste.
- You’ll recommend new monitoring and control systems that give Bowery increasing levels of control on the most important variables for plant growth.
Who you are:
- You have experience as a horticultural leader in indoor, growing environments (hydroponic/aeroponic/aquaponic), ideally with leadership experience.
- You have a familiarity with the major technical systems of an indoor farm (irrigation, lighting, HVAC, nutrients, food safety, etc) and familiarity with the sensors and analyses that are used to diagnose their performance.
- You’re a capable people leader with a track record of recruiting, directing, coaching and inspiring teams towards high performance.
- You are “tech fluent” and excited about the prospect of helping to build new technology to change the nature of farming.
- You have demonstrated experience in basic water chemistry and nutrient management.
- You understand how to collect, analyze, interpret and report complex data to a broad audience.
- You know how to build a business case, can speak fluently about the costs and benefits of the work you have done, and can easily distinguish “needs” from “wants” when it comes to desired resources.
- You are able to intuitively determine plant health issues and spot unusual conditions in a growing environment, and can recommend and efficiently implement changes to remedy common plant issues.
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator who easily shifts between technical discussions and layman’s terms.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and satisfaction of your teammates.
- You believe a better future is possible, set big bold research goals, get focused quickly, and take your work seriously.
- You say hello when you walk in the door.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.