Website iBio, Inc.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success. Our greatest scientific solution is bringing talented people together who have a passion for advancing plant-based biologics for our customers and the world.
Apply now for our Assay Development Research Associate position!
MISSION OF THE POSITION
The Assay Development Research Associate will be part of the assay development group at iBio and is responsible for assisting with the development, design, execution, and transfer of biological, biochemical, and molecular assays to support product development, process characterization, and early stage production of biotherapeutic molecules.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- Work in the laboratory setting (BSL-1 and BSL-2)
- Assist scientific staff with assay development and execution
- Maintain detailed laboratory notebooks
- Grow and maintain cell cultures
- Capability and interest in learning multiple analytical methods
- Assist with document preparation as required
- Perform reagent and sample preparation
- Perform analytical methods with minimal supervision
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Place orders for supplies as necessary
- General laboratory maintenance
- Perform data analysis with limited supervision
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Understanding of laboratory safety
- Maintain professionalism with personnel and management
- Collaborative team player
- Working knowledge of multiple computer programs (e.g. Microsoft office)
- Experience with one or more analytical assays such as SDS-PAGE
- Must be capability of and driven to learn multiple new methods
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Well organized with effective time management
- Energetic and detail oriented
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology or related field required
- Tissue culture experience is a strong plus
- Experience with one of more relevant analytical methods (e.g. ELISA)
- Experience in a cGMP regulated environment is a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.