Website iBio, Inc.
About the job
iBio is a global leader in plant-based biologics manufacturing. Our FastPharming System combines vertical farming, automated hydroponics, and glycan engineering technologies to rapidly deliver gram quantities of high-quality monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, bioinks and other proteins. We accomplish all of this via our CGMP 130,000 square foot facility in Bryan, TX.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success. Our greatest scientific solution is bringing talented people together who have a passion for advancing plant-based biologics for our customers and the world.
Apply now for our Assay Development Technician position!
MISSION OF THE POSITION
The Assay Development Technician will be part of the assay development group at iBio and is responsible for assisting with the development, design, execution, and transfer of biological, biochemical, and molecular assays to support product development, process characterization, and early stage production of biotherapeutic molecules.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Maintain laboratory logbooks
- General maintenance of the process development lab
- Keep an organized, detailed lab notebook
- Order supplies as necessary
- Prepare buffers and reagents
- Train on multiple analytical methods
- Perform analytical methods with general supervision
- Assist with analytical development activities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Maintain professionalism with personnel and management
- Collaborative team player
- Working knowledge of common computer programs (e.g. Microsoft office)
- Understanding of one or more analytical assays such as SDS-PAGE
- Must be capable and interested in learning new methods
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Well organized with effective time management
- Energetic and detail oriented
Education & Experience
- Associate degree in Molecular Biology or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Tissue culture experience is a strong plus
- Experience in a laboratory setting
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.