Website iBio, Inc.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success. Our greatest scientific solution is bringing talented people together who have a passion for advancing plant-based biologics for our customers and the world.
Apply now for our Process Development Scientist position!
MISSION OF THE POSITION
The Process Development (PD) Scientist will assist senior personnel in the development and optimization of scalable purification processes and will execute small-scale and at-scale experiments for downstream protein purification to meet or exceed internal and/or client expectations. He/She will be an expert in a range of purification technologies including filtration technologies (depth and TFF), chromatographic separations (including affinity, IEX, HIC, etc), and basic laboratory analytical techniques. The PD Scientist will be able to troubleshoot experimental and instrumental issues related to downstream protein purification.
The successful candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues in other departments (Molecular Biology, Agronomy, Quality Control, Analytical Development) and participate in discussion of data analysis and process development/optimization. The employee is also responsible for training on, understanding, and following documented procedures that apply to his/her position. This position reports to the Director of Downstream Process Development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- Assists in the development, optimization, and scale-up of purification protocols
- May be assigned as a lead on individual projects
- Executes biomass homogenization, clarification, and protein purification
- Operates filtration (depth, micro-, and ultra- filtration) equipment
- Expert operator of chromatographic systems (GE AKTA, and other Unicorn based equipment), which includes column packing experience
- Operates HPLC equipment
- Performs analyses such as: SDS-PAGE, concentration determination, Western blot, ELISA, assists on setting up HPLC
- Authors reports detailing experimental work, summarizes and provides critical analysis of results and next steps that should be taken in company provided laboratory notebooks and does so in a timely manner
- Troubleshoots challenging technical, experimental, and instrumental issues with little to no supervision
- Trains junior staff (Research Associates I, II, and III) in the execution of downstream processes
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Understanding of biochemical and biophysical principles involved in purification and analysis of biological macromolecules
- Experience in downstream processing and process development in biopharmaceutical industry
- Hands-on experience with preparative chromatography and membrane separations
- Strong technical communication skills for creation of documents, articulation of ideas,
- Experience in protein characterization (SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, protein quantification)
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to work within timelines
- Must be able to communicate effectively (oral and written)
- Ability to work both independently and in close coordination with others in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Must be proficient in MS Office
Education & Experience
- BS/BA in biomedical sciences or related field and 7-8 years in the biotechnology industry; OR
- MS in biomedical sciences or related field and 4-5 years in the biotechnology industry; OR
- PhD in biomedical sciences or related field and 2-3 years in the biotechnology industry
- Demonstrated and documented ability to perform all job requirements listed under duties and responsibilities
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.