Website iBio, Inc.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success. Our greatest scientific solution is bringing talented people together who have a passion for advancing plant-based biologics for our customers and the world.
Apply now for our Process Development Research Associate II position!
MISSION OF THE POSITION
The Process Development (PD) Research Associate II will follow protocols and execute experiments as delineated by senior personnel. These protocols may range from small-scale to at scale experiments for downstream protein purification and may include helping in the execution of characterization assays to meet or exceed internal and/or client expectations. Duties include buffer preparation, plant tissue homogenization, product extraction, tangential flow filtration, chromatographic purification, and sterile filtration.
The successful candidate will be expected to work cross functionally with colleagues in other departments (Molecular Biology, Agronomy, Quality Control, Analytical Development). The employee is also responsible for training on, understanding, and following documented procedures that apply to his/her position. This position reports to the Director of Downstream Process Development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- Executes biomass homogenization and clarification, and assists in protein purification protocols
- Performs buffer filtration, depth, micro-, and ultra- filtration
- Provides support during protein purifications by helping set up buffers for column chromatography on FPLCs
- Performs analyses such as: SDS-PAGE, concentration determination, Western blot, ELISA, assists on setting up HPLC
- Operates centrifugation equipment with the supervision of senior personnel
- Is expected to record data and maintain records of experiments performed in company provided laboratory notebooks. Maintains records of experiments performed
- Assists with day to day maintenance and cleaning of the laboratory and its equipment, which include but is not limited to performing calibrations of laboratory equipment, autoclaving of glassware, and helps stock and order supplies
- Should be able to provide research or information for use in presentations
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Collaborative team player
- Attention to detail and organization
- Must be able to communicate effectively (oral and written)
- Ability to follow oral and written guidance
- Computer skills must include proficiency in MS Office
Education & Experience
- BS/BA, associate degree in biomedical sciences and 2-4 years of research and/or biotech wet lab experience
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.