Staff Integration Program Manager
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
About The Role
We are looking for a Staff Integration Manager to serve as the project lead for Plenty’s next generation products and farms. In this role, you will serve as both the Technical Program Manager and Integration Lead to help scale R&D cultivars and farm processes into a prototype farm that demonstrates output and quality viability. These new cultivars will give Plenty’s produce global reach at an accessible price, leading to increased produce consumption and raising the quality of living around the world. You will be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology from the ground up.
Type of Role
What You’ll Do
- Build comprehensive technology specifications for new cultivars’ and prototype farms: define integrated layout, process, hardware and systems specifications, addressing cross system compatibility and integrated product performance.
- Lead a cross-functional team of hardware, control, process and software engineering, plant scientists, supply chain and construction / utilities engineering to drive prototype farms from concept to completion
- Manage overall program and all sub-projects’ engineering scope, schedule and cost
- Identify and drive resolution all associated system design and integration weaknesses
- Drive overall program technical risk mitigation analyses and execution. Use relevant project management / scrum master and other tools
- Transition layout design, process, hardware and systems’ best practices, lessons learned as part of transitioning from prototype to production scale farms
- Be part of the broader Plenty team that drives roadmap for future product selection
What We Are Looking For
- Versatile system thinker with a proven track record of driving complex technical projects and cross-functional teams from start through to successful implementation
- 7+ years experience in process / systems integration, program management or similar work in biomedical, semiconductor, automotive manufacturing, plant breeding, or agriculture oriented industries
- BS / MS or Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Plant breeding, Biochemistry (or equivalent)
- Experience with factory development or manufacturing line design / development is a plus
- Experience in process engineering in biomedical, semiconductor processes etc. is a plus
- Experience leading teams or mentoring junior engineers is a plus
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience managing vendors and third party designers
- Exceptionally collaborative approach with strong communication skills
Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring fresh, local produce to communities everywhere in a way that’s better for the environment by using5% of the water, 1% of the land, and none of the synthetic pesticides or fertilizers of conventional agriculture. Our local field-scale indoor farms are creating a healthier, more delicious and sustainable future.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.