Chief of Party, Haiti
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a highly qualified Chief of Party for an upcoming Feed the Future Haiti Resilience and Agriculture Sector Advancement (HRASA) Activity. We are seeking a dynamic and proven leader with technical expertise and experience managing donor-funded programs in complex environments. The program will focus on increasing individual, household, and community resilience through strengthened, well-functioning, and inclusive market systems. The primary goals will be to increase market system efficiency, increase private sector investment and engagement, and increase household and community ability to recovery from shocks and stresses. The Chief of Party will provide strategic leadership for the program with an adaptive management approach to project implementation, oversee all staff and activities, and champion a collaborative, inclusive learning environment. The position is based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and the 5-year program is expected to start in 2021.
- Lead overall technical vision, project management, and implementation of the project. Spearhead strategy development and utilize managerial tools and frameworks to improve the ability of the team to achieve project goals successfully and sustainably.
- Effectively manage and supervise technical and finance/operations teams, including ensuring coordination between team leads, providing coaching and mentoring, and fostering a collaborative and adaptive work environment.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding implementation and management matters relating to the contract. Ensure high-quality, efficient, and effective performance of the project in accordance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Manage relationships with subcontractors and evaluate sub-contractor and grantee activities through consultative meetings, site visits, and reporting requirements. Manage and supervise work of all international consultants and local staff.
- Lead collaboration, learning, and adaption (CLA) efforts with internal and external collaborators, adapting program as needed to optimize results per learning and contextual changes.
- Oversee preparation and supervision of project work planning, budgets and pipeline analyses, performance management, and strategic communications. Facilitate the development of the project’s theory of change, oversee the implementation of the work plan, and track progress towards core indicators and learning objectives.
- Ensure compliance with the organizational Security Risk Management Policy and implementation of associated plans, including the Haiti Security Risk Management Plan. Manage the team’s adherence to the Security Risk Management process, including personnel and asset protection, information gathering and sharing, training, reporting and investigations, and incident management.
- Ensure that the activities and results are implemented in a timely manner within the approved budget.
- Make verbal or written presentations as requested by the client to varied audiences.
- Assure that assistance provided under the award is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all staff in country.
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness, development, or related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible management experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and complexity. USAID contract management experience is highly preferred.
- Established track record of achieving results in complex environments is required. Experience working in Haiti highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in project designs, strategic planning, and implementation of market systems, agriculture, and resilience activities. Proven leadership in adaptive management and CLA approaches.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience improving inclusion and empowerment of underserved and marginalized groups of market actors including women, youth, rural smallholders, and others.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead collaborative working relationships with a diverse group of relevant stakeholders (producers, private sector, NGOs, government, and research institutions).
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID rules and regulations is required.
- Fluency in English and French required, proficiency in Haitian Creole preferred.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.