At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
About The Role
We are looking for a Process Integration Engineer to work on mapping and scaling the full farm processes from the top down in order to help create the most efficient farms that the world has ever seen. In this role you will be collaborating with the broader engineering team and Plant Science to own, optimize and troubleshoot process areas within the farm to help improve operational efficiency, minimize farm losses and increase plant yield. These combined goals will give Plenty’s produce global reach at an accessible price, leading to increased produce consumption and raising the quality of living around the world. You will be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology from the ground up.
Type of Role
What You’ll Do
- Define a station and step level process flow for major subsystems of the farm for current and future products, working with stakeholders across Plenty
- Partner with subsystem owners to define, implement, and improve process metrics, equipment performance indicators, and station level monitoring
- Define, monitor, and continuously update statistical process controls at a station and sub-system level
- Partner with the data analytics team to understand correlations between process, sub-system and product performance to drive continuous improvement
- Identify and execute DOEs to troubleshoot subsystem issues, improve overall farm efficiencies, and increase plant yield
- Drive process integration for new farms from initial design through launch and full farm validation
- Drive cross farm focus teams for standardizing systems behavior and knowledge sharing
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- BS / MS or Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Plant breeding, Biochemistry (or equivalent)
- Versatile system thinker with a proven track record of driving complex technical projects and cross-functional teams from start through to successful implementation
- Experience in process engineering or similar work in biomedical, semiconductor, automotive manufacturing, plant breeding, or agriculture oriented industries
- Well versed in statistical analysis, SPC, DOE, ANOVA etc.
- Exceptionally collaborative approach with strong communication skills
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience in JMP, Matlab, R etc. for data analysis is a plus
- Experience with automation of fabrication or factory processes is a plus
- Experience leading teams or mentoring junior engineers is a plus
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that’s better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Computer Software
- Food Production
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.