Gotham Greens is seeking an experienced and passionate Real Estate and Site Selection Manager to manage the site selection process and to support the development of new greenhouse facilities across the United States. This role will be integral to the expansion of the company through scouting, identifying, recommending, and performing the due diligence necessary in acquiring new property to build Gotham Greens greenhouses in specified regions. Reporting into the CEO, the Real Estate and Site Selection Manager will be responsible for leading the pre-development process including market and site identification, financial analyses, entitlement research, zoning and land use, deal structuring and underwriting, and relationship management with internal and external stakeholders throughout the development process.
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about innovative, sustainable development and agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. Experience in the greenhouse, food manufacturing, fresh produce or perishables industries is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate will be based out of the company’s New York or Chicago facility. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively research, identify, scout cities and regions in which the company is expanding its operations
- Manage the pre-development process including market and site identification, financial analyses, entitlement research, zoning and land use, deal structuring and underwriting and effectively communicate such information with internal and external stakeholders
- Direct project development during initial phases including scope, budget and schedule development, permits, variances and approvals, and construction management plan
- Manage relationships with third party brokers, developers, contractors/consultants, real estate providers, permitting and economic development
- Engage and present senior management with property selection, identifying alternative locations, and cost savings efficiencies
- Work cross-functionally across company departments to assist with the development process from inception to completion
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years experience in real estate and development industry required
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or relevant field preferred
- Proven track record of executing an ambitious real estate growth strategy including site selection, budgeting and analysis for complex projects throughout the United States
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to manage multiple locations and projects simultaneously
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capability; ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to read construction drawings and experience with construction coordination and project management
- Proficient in reviewing architectural drawings, construction documents; identifying and managing change orders processes, budgets, and related variances
- Excellent program/project management, organization, and leadership skills
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
- Significant travel will be required
- Real Estate Brokers license a plus
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.