Senior Data Scientist
Website Crunch Analytics
About the job
Eager to take the lead on data-centric projects and steer a team in the right direction? Looking forward to drive projects that revolutionize one of the most vital industries? Ready to create impact by building a more sustainable future with accessible and efficient flower & food production? We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team. Be part of this journey, read on!
About the position
Crunch Analytics is looking for candidates eager to work in our fast-growing Rotterdam branch, which is ready to revolutionize the international agri-food industry. There is an increasing challenge to produce and supply flowers & food across the globe in a sustainable fashion. We believe that the developments in advanced analytics and artificial intelligence provide a great opportunity for the industry to move towards more sustainable and accessible production while increasing business value for the companies who are active within the value chain.
With our Rotterdam office, we are close to the largest high-tech horticulture cluster in the world. You, as a Data Science Lead, will be one of the driving forces of further innovation in the industry by delivering the latest machine learning & AI technologies. With our selected focus on food & agribusiness, we aim to extend our expertise within the industry, which allows us to support our clients in the best way possible.
We are looking for experienced data scientists, who have successfully completed challenging projects in advanced analytics and artificial intelligence. A successful candidate has the ambition to act as a trusted advisor for companies eager to use data & algorithms, in assisting people when making business decisions and allowing systems to automate such decision-making.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will take the lead in projects that are among various highly relevant topics like vertical farming, business optimization, and autonomous growing.
Your excellent programming skills, data science knowledge and business acumen allow you to identify opportunities at a client, define the scope and execution strategy of a project and steer a team, moving along the journey.
You complement such technical & business skills with the ability to communicate your findings in a way that is easy to understand for clients. You will act as a tutor in your domain of expertise and be responsible for mentoring junior profiles.
- Experience in project and account management
- Capable of defining the scope and execution strategy for new projects
- Expert in every aspect of data science
- Excellent data engineering skills
- Excellent communication skills. This includes written, oral and non-verbal communication.
- Willingness to tutor others about Data Science and your area of expertise
- Able to collaborate with more junior Data Scientists, and give (non-)technical advice and direction
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of bioinformatics or plant physiology
- Knowledge of other languages (speaking or programming)
- Experience with lean/agile software development
- Experience with data-science software and packages (HDFS, Spark, Scikit-Learn, …)
- Experience with the Google Cloud, Azure, and/or AWS is a definitive plus
- You have 3+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist
- You have a MS in BioInformatics, Computer Science, Econometrics, AI, Maths, Statistics, Engineering or similar
- You are eager to learn new things
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and are a good communicator
- You are flexible and stress-resistant
Are you ready to become part of a young and ambitious team that is eager to learn and not afraid to take on a challenge? Let’s talk!
We offer a vibrant working atmosphere with a true start-up mentality at our brand-new office in the centre of Rotterdam. More than anything else, you will be provided with the opportunity to take the initiative to set this company on the map (in the Netherlands – and beyond), as well as the opportunity to keep learning and growing over time. Since you operate in a startup environment you are not afraid of taking initiative and ownership of projects, but you can of course count on the full support and teaching of our other team members.
We always appreciate it when you let us know why you want to work for Crunch Analytics exactly!
Up for the challenge?
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.