- Location: Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development
Overview Of Resilience Learning Activity: The Resilience Learning Activity (RLA) USAID / East Africa flagship learning award supports regional and country-level institutions to conduct and act upon resilience learning for key knowledge gaps in the Horn of Africa, contributing to the region’s Journey to Self-Reliance.
By building the capacity of institutions to improve analytical capacity, increase the evidence base for resilience programming, and strengthen CLA systems and networks, RLA will contribute to the HoRN’s objective to strengthen regional and cross-border collaboration and improve evidence-based learning.
Job Summary: The Technical Leader for Analytics for the Resilience Learning Activity is responsible for implementing evidence-based assessments and analysis, overseeing the design and methodology of analytical studies that will be conducted through local partner organizations.
He/She guides the technical direction of the data analytics approach and strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review data management systems for the HORN and respective county governments while identifying analytical gaps and articulating a vision for improved digital data use.
- Develop and disseminate dashboards, and other information products for the counties and local partner organizations.
- Build data analytics capacities of the county government officials and local partner organizations and conduct follow-on mentorship through learning by doing.
- Work with local institutions and county-based champions of change to conduct regular independent analysis and reviews of their respective sector performance.
- Work with other USG strategic information mechanisms to strengthen data analytics and visualization capabilities at the local and regional level.
Analytics For Evidence-Based Decision Making
- Support development and dissemination of customized county / local partner organizations data analytics strategy and monitor its usage for evidence-based decision making.
- Strengthen use of visualization and analytics at HORN, and focal counties, to improve program performance as well as data quality and use.
- Build a case and action plan for increasing data use for programmatic and budget decision making for the counties of focus.
- Work with stakeholders (regional and focal counties) to develop, disseminate, and monitor implementation of data utilization plans.
- Develop customized analytics indicators jointly with the county and local partner organizations including champions of change for each county and provide support on the implementation of data utilization plans.
- Articulate vision for digital data management systems and use of GIS to support decision making and building a case for action.
- Actively support the program’s local partners and counties of focus to establish guidelines, review data management systems, and oversee adherence to NIMES strategies and standards where applicable.
- Undergraduate degree in Data Science, Statistics, Research Methods, or other related quantitative field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing data analytics/ Data Science teams, evaluation, data science projects, qualitative and quantitative studies, action research, case studies, GIS, business intelligence, and meta-analyses.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated practical use of analytical tools such as Stata, SPSS, R, Python, Advanced Excel, etc.
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and reporting skills.
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Research Methods, or other related quantitative fields.
- Experience using at least one of the following big data tools: Python, RapidMiner, Big ML, Apache Spark etc.
- Strong understanding of relational database management Systems (MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases such as CouchDB, MongoDB etc.
- Demonstrated practical experience of integrating data management and BI Systems for departments or projects.
- Working knowledge and understanding of various BI Tools such as Power BI, Tableau, R Shiny, Advanced MS Excel, Metabase, D3.js etc.
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience of using GIS tools such as ArcGIS and/or QGIS to conduct spatial data analysis.
- Regional experience and thorough understanding of East African context is highly desired.
Don’t Keep Share!:
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.