Website iBio, Inc.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success. Our greatest scientific solution is bringing talented people together who have a passion for advancing plant-based biologics for our customers and the world.
Apply now for our PMO Director position!
MISSION OF THE POSITION
This position will be based in Bryan, Texas and will oversee iBio’s overall project management function, providing leadership, integration, and management of PMO process and functions to improve the consistency and efficiency of the company’s project delivery.
The PMO Director will be responsible for leading the development and execution of program/project plans for all company projects, including vaccine & therapeutic development, customer projects, R&D, etc. This position applies a combination of life sciences strategy, leadership, and managerial experience to identify opportunities and proactively identify and facilitate risks, mitigations, resolution and escalation of issues, and will track and communicate status to internal/external stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- Assess, propose, and implement project management automation software
- Develop strategy and operating model for the Project Management office
- Define and execute the mission, vision, strategy and direction of the PMO in alignment with company goals
- As a member of the leadership team, evaluate and prioritize capability and innovation initiatives
- Lead the development of business plans, capital appropriation requests, and business cases for initiatives under the direction of PMO
- Responsible for decisions regarding prioritization, resource allocation, and budget for the PMO
- Anticipate obstacles and develop contingency plans to address them; taking necessary corrective actions to keep program on schedule
- Represent the PMO confidently in interactions with key internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and manage PMO team KPIs as well as KPIs for projects and programs under management; measure quality and opportunities for improvement
- Standardize project management best practices to improve overall efficiency, accuracy, and compliance while overseeing multiple customer product portfolios
- Ensure the generation and maintenance of integrated project plans (options development, opportunities identification, timing) that reflect the approved balance of scope, time, and resources
- Act as the central liaison to clients, providing clear, concise, actionable messages that benefit all aspects of the project/program (technical, programmatic, regulatory, contractual, etc.)
- Facilitate and manage productive team communication and collaboration, both internally and externally
- Knowledgeable of changes with international guidance and regulation impacting PMO initiatives
- Track workstream initiatives, develop reporting dashboards, standardize report configurations, and build executive briefings
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated project management skills, with proven track record of leading broad, complex and/or strategic programs combined with the ability to execute at tactical project level activites and tasks
- Experience successfully leading matrix teams of subject matter experts from diverse disciplines
- Experience leading large-scale initiatives involving technology, business process, and change management in a pharmaceutical research and development setting
- Demonstrated experience in US Government-supported contract management
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills to manage programs and develop new business
- Strong creative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and presentation skills for interacting with and influencing team members, clients, leaders, and subject matter experts
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
Education & Experience
- Master’s level degree (or bachelor’s degree with relevant experience) in life sciences, business, or a combination of relevant education or professional experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification strongly preferred
- Ten (10) – Fifteen (15) years of practical program/project management experience in biotechnology-related work, preferably a mix of industry and government contract experience
- Experience working with automated project management tools, has implemented software automation systems in previous work experience
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.