Website iBio, Inc.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success. Our greatest scientific solution is bringing talented people together who have a passion for advancing plant-based biologics for our customers and the world.
Apply now for our Agronomy Supervisor position!
MISSION OF THE POSITION
The Agronomy Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the planning, directing and coordinating of the activities of personnel engaged in seeding, germination, transplant, and growth of horticultural species in pilot and manufacturing scale production. The Agronomy Supervisor is also responsible for improving existing procedures and optimizing processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites
- Oversee and provide leadership to the Upstream Manufacturing/Agronomy operations
- Coordinate seeding, transplant, and plant monitoring operations
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate product development activities
- Contribute to increase throughput, efficacy, and capabilities i.e. increase capacity and workflow
- Coordinate production activities and monitoring during seeding, transplant, and post-infiltration plant growth
- Define data reporting on plant growth and plant growth systems. Reviews data and provide comment
- Develop timelines and budgets to accomplish activities
- Help establish priorities and assure adequate resources to complete projects in a timely manner
- Select and qualify vendors for materials and equipment for Agronomy plant production following cGMP supply chain requirements
- Develop and oversee execution of methods to evaluate materials, equipment, and growth protocols (photoperiod, irrigation frequency, nutrient solution attributes, environmental conditions, and disease control)
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures, Master Batch Records, and other quality documentation
- Prepare necessary reports and record keeping documents
- Review batch documentation for completeness and accuracy; Resolve document execution issues
- Proficiency with compliance; adherence to standard operating procedures, batch record, and good documentation practices
- Maintain an effective working relationship with others.
- Provide training and technical coaching to junior staff members.
- Monitor critical process parameters.
- Champion area specific initiatives associated with work safety and operational improvements.
- Help build, maintain and motivate the upstream team to achieve productivity targets and output requirements measured by KPI’s (key performance indicators).
- Engage in and support culture of continual improvement through ownership of improvement for work processes, equipment, and safe work environment.
- Advise executive management on improvements which may optimize work processes
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience working in a regulated environment, familiarity with FDA a plus
- Collaborative team player.
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and organize resources.
- Ability to hire, train, and develop employees to grow within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills with an understanding of diverse backgrounds and an emphasis on communication: training, team building, negotiation skills, interdepartmental interactions, leadership and supervision (motivating, directing) and management (planning, budgeting, etc.)
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma with a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in Agronomy, Plant Biotechnology, Horticulture or related field or;
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of six (6) years of experience in Agronomy, Plant Biotechnology, Horticulture or related field
- Three (3) to five-(5) years of supervision experience is required
- Experience and ability to work in warm and humid conditions
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.