Due to the current pandemic, this assignemnt will take place remotely. The selected volunteer will be paired with a local volunteer to collaborate and provide training to the host group of herb growers. Assignment communication may take place via email, video conferencing and/or popular phone apps. ACDI/VOCA field staff will provide interpreting and translation services as needed. This assignment is planned to take place over two weeks.
***As part of the Farmer-to-Farmer Consortium, this assignment is made possible through USAID funding. In accordance to USAID guidelines, any candidates submitted for consideration under this project must have a valid US passport or Green Card.***
- University degree in Herbal Medicine, Horticulture or some other related topic.
- At least 5 years of experience harvesting medicinal and culinary herbs.
- Experience growing medicinal herbs on a large scale for commercial purposes.
- Familiarity with nettle, milk thistle, valerian root, echinacea, lemon balm and primrose.
- Proficient computer/cell phone skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Facebook Messenger and/or WhatsApp.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.