Due to the current pandemic, this assignemnt will take place remotely. The selected U.S. volunteer will be paired with a local volunteer to collaborate and provide training to the host group of fruit growers. Assignment communication may take place via email, video conferencing and/or popular phone apps. ACDI/VOCA field staff will provide interpreting and translation services as needed.
***As part of the Farmer-to-Farmer Consortium, this assignment is made possible through USAID funding. In accordance to USAID guidelines, any candidates submitted for consideration under this project must have a valid US passport or Green Card.***
- University degree in Food Technology, Food Science or some other related topic.
- At least 5-10 years of experience working in food dehydration.
- Experience with low technology methods.
- Familiarity drying fruits such as plums, peaches, pears, mandarins and persimmons.
- Experience providing hands on trainings to groups of people.
- Proficient computer/cell phone skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Facebook Messenger and/or WhatsApp.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.