At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The Research Associate will work closely with Plant Scientists, and Production to apply best practices to the Plenty Farms. The efforts will encompass practices associated with providing sterile seeds and media into the farm. The Research Associate will participate in a range of experiments evaluating new technologies and plant genetics to increase yield and quality. This individual also will help Plenty drive toward new product development.
What You’ll Do
- Support the planning and execution of trials to improve plant performance
- Work across teams to continually improve strategies to grow plants
- Work closely with scientists and engineers to translate scientific findings into production
- Assist in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data
- Develop lab protocols and SOPs for laboratory instrumentation, and maintenance of laboratory inventory and equipment
- Communicate test results with key stakeholders on a timely basis
- Complete a myriad of laboratory investigations as required by Plant Science
What We’re Looking For
- BS in Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Plant Sciences, Biology, or related field
- 2 years experience in planning and executing experiments
- Demonstrated proficiency with basis software (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Experience planning experiments, with proper controls, data collection, data management, analysis use of documentation tools
- Proficiency with statistical analysis and interpretation of large data sets
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross functional teams
- A team-player who is passionate about growing plants and vertical growing
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that’s better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.