Senior Program Manager, Farm Programs
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
We are an ag-tech company looking for a Senior Program Manager focused on NPI and trial planning in the farms, as well as overall farm success related to production and R&D needs. This position is critical to ensuring that our changes are completed systematically and that our farm produces the best possible data for Plenty to learn from in the shortest amount of time.
The Senior Program Manager, Farm Programs will play a key role in managing Plenty’s systematic approach to optimizing our farms. Your focus will range from cross functional farm and market launch projects including scope definition, farm deployment, and launching the products into the market in partnership with teams across the organization. At the core of this role is a strong emphasis on trials that will help Plenty demonstrate yield potential while simultaneously managing production commitments. Data collection for permanent change recommendations and protecting for production needs are critical components to this role.
Type of Role
What You’ll Do
- Create and lead new product introductions programs, inclusive of timeline, budget, resource management, and scaling up the program up to full production.
- Responsible for leading the organization through the concept, design, deployment, and launch of major farm programs.
- Ownership of the Tier 1 program timeplan and working with program managers and leaders across the organization to develop tier 2 timelines and make appropriate interdependency links and trade offs.
- Lead regular coordination across teams, drive accountability to the milestones within the program and identify and mitigate risks throughout the program lifecycle.
- Ensure that change requestors provide adequate data prior to change implementation, conduct an initial review of new requests and guide stakeholders to provide additional information as required.
- Ensuring clear ownership and accountability for each target and working through tradeoffs throughout the program to achieve success.
- Monitor all implemented changes to determine and document change effectiveness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in annual business planning, headcount management, key organizational metrics, and other operationally strategic projects.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience as a Change Manager, leading, coordinating and directing change management or equivalent role
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who will work hands-on in the farm with the team to implement change
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with, understand, and manipulate data to support change requests
- Strong spreadsheet skills and basic knowledge of statistics
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders from across the company (engineering, operations, supply chain, research and development personnel) with strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus
- Demonstrated past experience managing a change control program or similar process, including using and maintaining PLM software (optional)
- Ability to work cross-functionally with agricultural or large scale production experience a plus
- BS Engineering or Business, MS/MBA preferred
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that’s better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.