The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Research Scientist to apply analytical chemistry and plant metabolomics techniques to address flavor and nutrition research for Plenty.
This role will work together with a creative and motivated team to support research within the Plant Sciences. You will plan and assure completion of complex projects involving cross-functional teams. Responsibilities include discovery and application work, workflow optimization, informatics, supervision of technical staff, and maintenance of laboratory equipment and instrumentation. It will be critical to stay current with the newest instrumentation and methodologies that would aid Plenty in accomplishing our mission to bring delicious, nutritious, low-cost produce to people around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, perform, and optimize targeted and untargeted metabolomics workflows in numerous plant species.
- Planning, management, and implementation of complex research projects involving interdisciplinary teams.
- Interpret and report on chromatography and mass spectrometry data using metabolomics and cheminformatics approaches.
- Operate and maintain analytical instrumentation such as GC-MS and LC-MS.
- Keep a stocked, clean, and orderly laboratory to promote safety and productivity.
- Supervise technical staff to assist in research efforts as needed and support and promote safety.
- Develop, train, and evaluate performance of employees on a continuous basis.
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with other Plant Science and business departments at Plenty.
- Occasional domestic and international travel will be required.
- Keep an up-to-date digital lab notebook and contribute to SOPs.
What We’re Looking For
- Ph.D. with 3-5 years’ research experience in metabolomics, analytical chemistry, flavor chemistry, nutrition, and/or plant biochemistry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop analytical workflows including sample preparation, instrument methods, and data analysis.
- Extensive practical experience and theoretical knowledge of LC-MS or GC-MS.
- Experience with metabolomics or cheminformatics data analysis tools and workflows.
- Excellent analytical, statistical, data visualization, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of other analytical instrumentation such as FTIR, NMR, DESI, MSn, etc.
- A hard-working, proactive, and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work in a startup environment with rapidly developing goals and timelines.
- About Plenty
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that’s better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Computer Software
- Food Production
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.