Website Bowery Farming
About the job
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role
Bowery Farming is seeking a Lead Expansion Engineer to join our Farm Design & Development organization to lead a team and support our operations across our farms in NJ & MD. This position will work closely with our advanced engineering, facilities, and launch teams to develop best in class solutions for our indoor vertical farms. This job is based in NYC at our HQ and travels to our farms throughout the US as we continue to expand our footprint.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team in the overall design of our end to end solutions
- Lead & develop a team dedicated to indoor vertical farming growing and processing systems.
- Manage vendors and their supply of equipment for a network of farms (domestic and international)
- Lead and manage the approval of manufacturing drawings, inspection of equipment, and installation leading up to commissioning
- Lead a team in the development of internal training resources, maintenance and improvement of MEP, and related manufacturing systems
Who You Are
- Experienced in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing solutions
- Experienced leading & developing a team
- Experienced with oversight of the development of automated solutions
- A team player and work well with others in the face of challenges and a common mission
- Safety is your overriding priority and you think safety first in every situation
- You possess strong interpersonal skills – seen as a natural team leader
- Experienced at managing fast track design/build projects or multiple significant upgrade projects
- Experienced at leading Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Experienced at developing design documentation (functional specifications, operations manuals, mechanical and electrical schematics)
- Experienced with large water supply, or wastewater and control systems
- Experienced with industrial manufacturing methods and solutions
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.