Website Bowery Farming
About The Role
Bowery Farming is seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer, with MEP experience, to join our Farm Design & Development organization to lead a small team and support our operations across our farms in NJ, MD and PA. This position will people manage a team that works closely with our advanced engineering, facilities, and launch teams to develop best in class irrigation solutions for our indoor vertical farms. This job is based in NYC at our HQ and travels to our farms in NY, MD & PA.
What You’ll Do
- Lead & develop a team dedicated to indoor vertical farming and irrigation solutions.
- Lead the overall design of our end to end irrigation solutions
- Manage vendors and their supply of equipment for a network of farms (domestic and international)
- Lead and manage the approval of manufacturing drawings, inspection of equipment, and installation leading up to commissioning
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) in the systems of irrigation supply and control
- Develop internal training resources for the maintenance and improvement of MEP systems
Who You Are
- Experienced in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing solutions
- Experienced leading & developing a team
- Experienced in machining, welding practices, and custom fabrication
- Mastery of 2D and 3D CAD (AutoCAD, Inventor, or Solidworks)
- Experienced with construction, fabrication, assembly, operation, or maintenance of automation systems
- A team player and work well with others in the face of challenges and a common mission
- Safety is your overriding priority and you think safety first in every situation
- You possess strong interpersonal skills – seen as a natural team leader
- Experienced at managing fast track design/build projects or multiple significant upgrade projects
- Experienced at leading Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Experienced at developing design documentation (functional specifications, operations manuals, mechanical and electrical schematics)
- Experienced with high-bay mechanical racking systems
- Experienced with large water supply and control systems
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.