About Iron Ox
Iron Ox team is re-imagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone.
Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population.
Who We’re Looking for
We are looking for a Senior HR Director who will design and manage a compelling employee experience. From a candidate’s first touch point to career development to internal communications, you will architect a best-in-class People practice that reflects Iron Ox’s ethos, values and mission.
- Continuously build, evolve and professionalize the People practice
- Establish scalable, lightweight and progressive policies and processes that serve our team members, managers, the business and the brand
- Build strong, trusting, collaborative relationships at all levels across the company through timely, warm, and solution-oriented communications
- Be an internal brand ambassador. Constantly communicate to staff, candidates and to the world at large what makes Iron Ox special and what makes us tick.
- Create two-way, accessible and effective channels of communication (eg. employee engagement surveys, etc).
- Design a robust onboarding program for new hires
- Formalize career paths and promotional opportunities to stretch and retain our team
- Develop a light weight performance review process/feedback loops with an eye to providing effective and actionable coaching for our people
- Design competitive yet sustainable compensation practices to attract, motivate, and retain top talent
- Work with management on the resolution of employment related matters, including advice on discipline process, conduct disciplinary review conferences and advise on appropriate outcomes
- Facilitate speedy and equitable resolutions of employee/employer conflicts
- Evaluate current HR “stack” and tools and recommend improvements and solutions
- Be the “go-to” source for benefit and payroll concerns
- Ensure HR programs and services are in compliance with established policies, procedures and state/federal laws and regulations
- 7 years’ Human Resources experience in dynamic, startup environments
- Experience working with non-exempt workers
- Experience obtaining visas and visa transfers (H1B, H1B transfers etc)
- Experience with HR at a company with in-house manufacturing a plus
Our Mission: Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever growing population.
Our company: Iron Ox is a well-funded startup, backed by Y Combinator, headquartered in San Carlos, CA. Our primary production greenhouse facility is located in Gilroy, CA.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.