Website Square Roots
About the job
About Square Roots
Square Roots is the technology leader in urban indoor farming. Our scalable “farmer-first” technology platform brings fresh, healthy food to urban areas year-round, while simultaneously training future generations of farmers. With production farms in Brooklyn NY, and Grand Rapids MI (with more to come in 2021!) Square Roots has a mission to bring local, real food to people in cities across the world while empowering the next generation of leaders in urban farming.
We’re a young company (est. 2016) with the potential and ambition to change the food system in ways that are better for people and the planet as well as profits. Everyone on the Square Roots team—from farmers to software developers, from brand strategists to financial analysts—is ready to make a massive impact in urban farming and the future of the global food industry.
About The Role
You will be responsible for twice weekly round trip deliveries from our Grand Rapids campus in Wyoming, MI, to the Detroit metropolitan area in a 16’ refrigerated box truck. You will be responsible for loading the truck according to the day’s manifest and subsequently unloading the assigned product at each stop. You are the face of Square Roots and in many cases, the only in-person interaction our retail partners will have, so a willingness to learn and communicate about our product and our mission is a must. You will report to the General Manager.
- Safely and efficiently transport produce from our farm in Grand Rapids along the day’s assigned route.
- Collect signed invoices from each stop as proof of receipt.
- Communicate any pertinent issues along the route to the GM.
You Have Experience With
- Ability to work long hours within state labor guidelines.
- Driving vehicles 16’ or longer.
- Perishable food handling and delivery.
- CDL a plus.
- An early riser. This job will start before dawn.
- Adaptable to changing routes.
- Comfortable with both highway and city driving.
- Able to communicate with customers about our products and services.
- Spanish-speaking a plus.
You’ll Love Working At Square Roots Because
- We’re here to change the food system. You’ll have the opportunity to play a significant role in our work at the intersection of technology, farming, and the global food industry – and we’re only just getting started.
- Our team is driven by a shared set of values. These keep us aligned and remind us how to show up every day in the face of growth and ambiguity. Whether you’re in the office or on the farms, collaboration, respect, optimism and humility are all embraced, and we seek to empower people at every step. Ask us about the rest!
- Benefits and perks, of course. We’re all here first and foremost to play our part in the mission, but paid time off, a fun work culture, and lots of samples of the delicious food we grow certainly do not hurt. :
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.