Construction Project Manager
As a Construction Project Manager, you will work closely with our Sr. Construction Manager to assist with the operational side of a building project. You will manage multiple work streams ranging from facility upgrades to full scale farm construction and future farm deployments.
What You’ll Do
- Function as a co-lead Project Manager for Full Scale Farm Deployments (Domestic and International)
- Travel for this role is expected to be 50%
- Assist with pre-construction design coordination, value engineering, and GMP approval with both internal and external members of the design and construction team
- Resolve building permit issues or other issues that may impede meeting build timelines
- Negotiate contractor scopes of work for value engineering to drive project costs down and manage contractor contracts
- Develop and manage to a construction project budget for each project assigned
- Track and publish the construction schedule on a routine basis
- Assist in writing and distributing bid packages that clearly define scope and general provisions
- Review and manage procedures for handling changes to contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, requests for information (RFI’s), substitutions, etc.
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain, Logistics, People, and Farm Operations teams to ensure timely delivery of materials, resources, processes and systems to operate the farm once it is built
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in Construction, planning, design development, project management, and/or real estate development and leadership of corporate real estate assets
- Experience in a fast-paced technology environment, with the ability to navigate ambiguity and drive creative solutions
- Ability to influence strategic change and initiatives where prudent
- Advanced knowledge of MS office or Google Documents, Acrobat or Bluebeam, and MS Project or similar scheduling software
- Working knowledge of cost control, budgeting, contracts, billing, and forecasting
- Embody the mindset that no job is too big or too small
- Experience with ground-up construction in commercial real estate or project experience with data centers, labs, and other complex projects
- Ability to manage complex equipment installations and commissioning processes
- Experience qualifying and negotiating contract(s) with architectural and engineering services for electrical, mechanical, structural and plumbing and with local general or other contractor(s) as required by the project scope of work
- Manage small improvement projects less than $250k on an as needed basis
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that’s better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Computer Software
- Food Production
- Project Management
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.