Deputy Chief of Party, Indigenous Peoples and Afro-Colombian Activity, Colombia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a highly qualified Deputy Chief of Party for an upcoming Indigenous Peoples and Afro-Colombian Activity. This Activity will contribute to Indigenous Peoples’ and Afro-Colombians’ self-determined development by strengthening organizations’ capacity, increasing communities’ access to socio-economic opportunities and participation in peace implementation, and increasing society’s respect for ethnic heritage and cultural diversity.
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in developing the strategic direction and providing technical advice across all program components in the planning, designing and implementation of activities. S/he will work closely with partners and their technical teams to ensure integration across organizations and objectives. The Technical Deputy Chief of Party will oversee field-level program activities and ensure program targets are met. The position is based in Bogotá, Colombia, and the 5-year program is expected to start in 2021.
- Support the Chief of Party in developing the strategic direction and providing technical advice across all program components in the planning, designing and implementation of activities.
- Oversee field-level program activities and ensure program targets are met.
- Work closely with partners and their technical teams to ensure integration across organizations and objectives.
- Coordinate the development of, implementation of, and timely reporting on the program.
- Prepare and/or assist in preparing all reporting requirements, templates, and periodic reports to the donor, government, ACDI/VOCA headquarters, and other partner organizations.
- Assist with problem solving, crisis management and technical guidance.
- Ensure compliance with USAID, ACDI/VOCA, and government rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and schedules.
- Assist with the development of program budgets. Resolve routine operating problems as they arise.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events as required. Establish relationships with public and private sector stakeholders.
- Coordinate activities with government officials, other implementers, stakeholders, and institutions active in the target areas. Play a lead role in interacting with key implementing partners and other development partners.
- In the absence of the Chief of Party, assume responsibility for coordinating award management and implementation tasks, liaise with USAID on technical matters, and respond to the inquiries.
- Advanced degree in business administration, economics, agriculture, development studies or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive responsibility managing and implementing programs of similar scope and complexity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the field of people and project management, as well as strategic planning and report writing.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience improving inclusion and empowerment of underserved and marginalized groups of market actors including indigenous peoples, Afro-Colombians, women, youth, rural smallholders, and others.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead collaborative working relationships with a diverse group of relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID rules and regulations is required.
- Established track record of achieving results in complex environments is required. Experience working in Colombia highly desired.
- Fluency in Spanish required, English preferred.
Colombian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.