- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious, and creative individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds
Job Description Summary:
This position will report to the General Manager of AeroFarms AgX Ltd. and will be responsible for equipment and machine installation, testing and commissioning, and maintenance and repair functions at the facility in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering work in operations, production, and maintenance environments
- Operate and scale-up manufacturing processes, instruments, and equipment and tests manufacturing products to maintain quality
- Monitor production lines regularly to ensure compliance.
- Plan and estimate time and cost for systems and components
- Analyze and develop solutions to problems related to manufacturing/processing equipment and systems/ causes of component failures
- Track all phases of the production cycle
- Monitor expenditures for repair and maintenance and forecast spare-parts needs
- Establish production labor standards through time analysis and observation.
- Identify and analyze cost-saving opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations.
- Implement policies and procedures for the proper maintenance of equipment
- Other duties as assigned including travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Systems, or Mechanical Engineering from a US accredited university.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is needed.
- Experience in automation and food processing is highly recommended.
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards.
- AutoCAD experience is beneficial.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Six Sigma Certification is a great addition
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and a good level of spreadsheet skills.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with normal work hours and workdays. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
** This position requires a complete residency in Abu Dhabi, UAE **
** This position must be accessible during some US work hours for reporting and coordinating **
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.