As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience as a Safety Coordinator to help us grow.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing that the workplace is free from serious safety and health hazards. Provides technical safety and health support to production and corporate personnel. This position ensure that the company is in compliance with all OSHA employer requirements and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and is fully in compliance with all applicable OSHA standards and regulations to maintain safety in all facilities.
- Managing safety training needs for all required staff, including coordinating training with outside vendors and other educational seminars as necessary.
- Provides technical safety and health support and information to production and corporate personnel.
- Prepares written safety, health programs and policies.
- Participating in workplace safety and health planning meetings.
- Develop and conduct risk assessments, JSA and risk mitigation evaluation.
- Ensuring managers and supervisors have the appropriate safety and health; accident prevention; and investigation training.
- Audits practices and records of manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations.
- Creates and supports a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the company’s policies.
- Providing leadership in developing measures and practices that that prevent accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA standards. This includes:
- Continuously monitor the workplace for hazardous safety and health conditions.
- Ensure safety and health hazards are corrected, eliminated or guarded.
- Assessing engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) on an on-going basis.
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents and perform RCA.
- Investigating all close calls and other safety-related incidents that have occurred within the accident area.
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- Ensure that all accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, business, or related loss prevention field.
- Minimum 2 years Safety industry experience.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification (General Industry).
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, guidelines, and practices.
- Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish). Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Must be able to work all shifts and will be on call 24 hours a day for emergency situations.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Reasoning Ability: Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Database software.
Certificates and Licenses: OSHA 30 Hour Certification – General Industry
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work in a plant environment being exposed to dust, high noise levels, extreme temperature and humidity fluctuations, fumes and odors from welding and other maintenance processes, poor lighting and wet operation work conditions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit aerofarms.applytojob.com.