As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission‐driven company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming and fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. The past few years have been an exciting time for us, and our team has expanded five-fold during this period. We are now in need of an Electrical Engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career to join our cutting-edge Engineering Team.
The Electrical Engineer – Power and Controls will act as a Subject Matter Expert for new and existing farms designed and built by AeroFarms.
- Designs cost-effective electrical power distribution and control systems for new and existing farms.
- Prepares technical drawings, one-line diagrams, schematics, cost estimates, BOM, and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements
- Participate in the design and development of Power Management Systems and modern industrial SCADA systems for industrial facilities based on various industrial automation software platforms.
- Write equipment specifications and requests for quotations.
- Develops project cost estimates and assists in ROI calculations for potential projects used for setting priorities and making decisions.
- Collaborate closely with all cross-functional project team members and stakeholders.
- Establishes FAT/SAT requirements for equipment and systems, attends FAT/SAT testing, and approves equipment for delivery to the project site.
- Assists the operation and maintenance teams to develop preventive maintenance programs to keep the equipment running reliably and at peak efficiency, trains Operations personnel on safety rules and procedures operating the electrical equipment.
- Analyzes monthly power usage and develops and recommends appropriate actions to ensure system reliability and efficiency.
- Define the power needs and requirements for the existing and new farms.
- Assists with repairs of the control equipment.
- 5+ years of experience in the design of electrical and controls systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with codes and standards of NEC, IEEE, NFPA, ANSI, and API.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience putting together complete design packages (schematic drawings, panel layouts, network diagrams, bills of materials, controls narratives) for purchase and assembly.
- Experience in commissioning, troubleshooting, installation of new equipment, and writing maintenance documentation.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical, and proficient with MS Office.
- Experience with PLC programming, HMI, and SCADA development.
- Knowledge of Wago, Siemens, Allen Bradley PLC’s,
- Previous experience with Ignition or Wonderware SCADAs is a plus.
- Experience with the plant’s Ethernet and Fiber Optics network design.
- Experience with electrical design of 120/208 VAC and 277/480 VAC power systems (sizing the wiring and conduits, voltage drop calculations, load centers) in an industrial environment.
- Experience with the design of Power and Water Management Systems.
- Travel requirements will vary depending on project location but will require a full-time presence on-site during the project construction and commissioning/handover phases.
- The office environment requires the ability to sit and work on a computer for long periods.
- Physical requirements to work on projects may include lifting to 50 lbs.
- Site visits may require the ability to climb stairs, walk long distances (more than 100 yards), and stooping, kneeling, or bending for extended periods.
- Ability to travel to construction sites in the USA and abroad.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A Master’s in electrical engineering or PE license are a plus
To apply for this job please visit aerofarms.applytojob.com.