AgroThrive, Inc. is a family-owned operation specializing in organic bio-based fertilizers and soil amendments based on Gonzales, CA. Our products increase microbial activity in the soil causing young plants to experience vigorous root growth leading to larger foliage, improved disease resistance, and better yields. Our products are used by both certified organic and conventional growers of row crops, nursery stock, leafy greens, berries, grape vines, fruit trees, nut trees, etc. and other agricultural commodities. Our proprietary manufacturing process produces pathogen-free, fast-acting, highly digested, liquid and dry organic fertilizers and soil amendments that are delivered to customers under strict food safety rules.
We’re hiring for a pivotal role in our organization for a Director of Sales to establish our sales team on the West Coast and across the US, Mexico, and Canada. Our sales have grown by the word of mouth over the years. But it is now time to step it up and form a sales team that will build on our great reputation and facilitate the growth of our market share. We produce roughly 2 million gallons per year selling to 14 states across the US. In this role you would lead the short- and long-term business development strategy and growth planning focused on bulk sales to ag distributors and developing a sales team. Our ideal candidate would be located relatively close to the Gonzales headquarters in the Salinas Valley or at least in proximity where you could be on site multiple days a week.
Our ideal candidate brings
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, Agribusiness, Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Marketing, or related fields
- Agronomic knowledge in selling biologicals or organic fertilizers a plus; open to a fumigation background as well
- 5+ years of agricultural sales
- The ability to be well-organized, highly motivated, and a self-starter, with high integrity and individual drive and motivation to succeed
- Ability to travel as needed
We offer a base salary range is $70,000 to $120,000 plus commission depending on candidates’ experience and professional qualifications. Other benefits include health insurance, 401K, continuing education, and a performance-based employee stock incentive plan after minimum service with the company. Relocation assistance provided.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan and differentiated market approach to expand growth
- Develop sales team in alignment with strategy; hire, train, and coach territory sales reps across
- Participate as a key member of the sales team working on developing key accounts
- Analyze the effectiveness of sales and marketing strategies; continuously research new go-to-market strategies and gather customer insights and industry trends
- Establish sales targets, CRM tracking process, and forecasting
- Contribute to the leadership team working closely with the Owner on overall business strategy and market approach
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to streamline processes between sales, logistics, and purchasing
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.