Warehouse Team Lead (Night Shift)
Website BoweryFarming Bowery Farming
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking ambitious Warehouse Team Lead who can learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced & flexible environment, and who are willing to roll up their sleeves. Be a part of a team that produces locally grown fresh leafy greens and herbs from our indoor automated vertical farm in Baltimore, MD to our retail and restaurant customers in the local area! This is a hands-on job maintaining the taste, quality, and freshness of our produce and assisting in their daily care.
This position is full-time. Compensation is $17.25 per hour + company stock options.
What You’ll Do:
- Support and guide a team of farm operators to ensure that the farm stays on schedule, from seeding to harvest to packaging to cleaning, & delivery
- Maintain overall responsibility for the performance of the shift, including safety, quality, productivity, and delivery
- Maintain production areas to ensure compliance with company quality, sanitation, and food safety standards
- Provide a safe working environment by maintaining clean working environment, quality equipment and enforcing adherence to developed work practices
- Ensure employees have the right tools, knowledge, and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement and commitment to quality
Who You Are:
- Experience in greenhouse/farm or warehouse production team role with demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- Passion for sustainability and healthy food
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to learn and lead strict food safety and sanitary standards
- Flexibility with changing work responsibilities
- Work 4, 10-hour shifts (with breaks and lunch)
- Ability to commit to a consistent set of scheduled days, including holidays that land on your scheduled days (the farm operates seven days a week)
- Have a reliable form of transportation
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- PC or Mac familiarity, ability to use a tablet or smartphone
- Comfortable with Physical Requirements including:
- Lift and move objects up to 49 pounds each
- Standing for hours at a time
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.