About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. In scaling to new locations around the world, we are seeking a VP, IT Engineering to help us grow. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
- An incredible change-the-world company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms such as Goldman Sachs, Prudential, and leading venture funds.
As the VP of IT and Software Engineering, you will manage a team of IT professionals and SW Engineers. You will oversee the management, implementation, and usability of information and computer technologies. You and your team will lead the management for all IT and Software Engineering functions. Your goal will be to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to AeroFarms to facilitate the success of our business.
- Work with our COO to set objectives and strategies for the IT and Software Engineering departments
- Ensure all technology is enabled to streamline all internal operations and help optimize individual dept strategy and objectives
- Suggest hardware and software upgrades as appropriate to improve operations, consistency, and budgetary success
- Plan the implementation of new systems and guide IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Plan the implementation for the integrity and protection of systems and data, including policies, controls, compliance, and standards relating to cybersecurity, architecture, operations (incident detection, response, and recovery), assurance, and awareness
- Streamline the end-user computing (desktops, laptops, and mobile devices) and related standards. Performance reporting for IT services for accountability, transparency, and continuous improvement
- Recommend and approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers; prepare cost-benefit analyses for every change in the IT/Software workflow
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize IT-related projects and see them through successfully
- Participate in contract negotiations with vendors while partnering with our procurement team
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop a team of IT professionals
- Minimum 8 years of experience in IT; 5+ years at Director + level preferred
- Strong business acumen with the ability to relate to the organization as a whole
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A strong strategic and business mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to move throughout the facility, including climbing multiple flights of stairs, ladders, elevated catwalks, and tight access areas
- Ability to sit/work at a desk for extended periods doing analytical work or reports, which require using a computer. Bending, stooping, and reaching are required
- Must be able to lift, carry or move up to 25 pounds.
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering, or relevant field; MS/MA will be preferred
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.