About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a VP, Engineering to report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
The VP, Engineering will lead a team to support all our business initiatives in developing, designing, prototyping, and finally scaling innovative vertical farming systems worldwide. The position leads the group of engineers designing our future vertical farming systems. This includes developing mechanical systems, fluid systems, climate control systems, as well as electronic programmable control components, and SCADA systems. The team also has members with a building construction background. The team is integrating building construction and infrastructure with grow modules and adjacent processing equipment.
- Manages all phases of assigned projects, directing a team of multi-discipline engineers
- Partners with multiple internal customers, such as R&D, Software development, and Business Development, who are pursuing business opportunities in different fields all related to growing plants in controlled environments.
- Manage in-house and consulting design teams, contractor selection, and management Providing design input on all disciplines including architectural, MEP, structural, acoustics, waterproofing, etc.
- Develop and manage project schedules
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction and status of projects
- Set and monitor project budget and approves all expenses and change orders
- Establish design criteria, review design documents, and construction phase review
- Establish and monitor project schedules and budgets
- Mentor and develop a team of engineers
- Experience with Bid Packages, Award Phase, Contract Administration and Coordination, Construction Phase, Cost Reports, Permits, Building Codes
- Strong track record managing subcontractors/general contractors
- Must be team-oriented and be able to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Mechanical, chemical, electrical, industrial engineering or similar field
- 10 years of experience as a Director / VP of Capital Projects
- 5 years of experience on large scale projects
- Experience in leading a sizable team of multi-disciplinary engineers
- Must have prior ground-up/new build experience
- Solid, proven, and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design, and construction engineering concepts
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets with a proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Prior experience handling new construction projects to budgets of various sizes and experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Project, CAD, computerized timelines, flow charts, purchasing, inventory control, expediting, punch lists, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.