About the job
Acta Non Verba Youth Urban Farm Project (ANV) elevates life in the inner-city by challenging oppressive dynamics and environments through urban farming. Founded and led mainly by women of color from the surrounding neighborhood and larger community, ANV creates a safe and creative outdoor space for children, youth, and families in East Oakland, CA. Within this severely economically depressed neighborhood in the nation’s second most dangerous city, ANV engages and deepens their understanding of nutrition, food production, and healthy living as well as strengthens their ties to the community.
If you are task-oriented, enjoy working in a friendly office environment, and want to make a difference in your community, then volunteering with Acta Non Verba is the perfect fit for you! Our volunteers are an essential part of the ANV team and report directly to the Office Manager and occasionally the Program Director. This position requires experience with basic office equipment, strong communication skills, and a commitment to growth and learning.
- Manage incoming volunteers and connect with appropriate department
- Manage volunteer documentation and forms
- Keep records of volunteer feedback and time commitments
- Keep volunteer information organized and up-to-date using Microsoft Excel
- Set up volunteer orientation for new volunteers
- Communicate with new volunteers to gauge their interests and skills
- Keep informed of all volunteer opportunities within the organization
QualificationsGeneral Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Strong GSuite skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creativity and a willingness to experiment
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passionate about our mission and about helping grow and develop a dynamic non-profit
- Experience in leadership or management capacity
- Bi-Lingual English/ Spanish
- Women, femme-identifying, people of color, and Oakland natives strongly encouraged to apply
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires the following skills: Social Media / Blogging, Critical Thinking, Multi-Tasking, Networking, Organization, People Skill
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.