Pecan Grove Farms and Nursery (“PGF”), headquartered in Dallas, TX, provides a reliable supply of desirable, high-quality pecan products to the national and international market. Selling 4.5 million pounds of pecans per year and growing we are positioning ourselves to be an industry leader. We focus on streamlined processes, quality products for our customers and embracing our strong company culture. Our team is built with a group of innovative thinkers who collaborate strongly. Our market strategy and our team has propelled us to experience high-growth the past several years.
We are hiring for Vice President of Ingredient Sales to continue our growth story. In this role, you will focus on selling shelled pecans to CPG companies, food product manufacturers and distributors. Our products are sold ready-to-use as ingredients to the baked goods, dessert, and health foods manufacturers. You will be reporting to the CEO leading the strategy and execution of all ingredient sales both nationally and internationally. This is a new division for our organization, and you will be part of a pivotal shift in our strategy. We seek individuals who enjoy building their own team and drive growth in the division. We are looking for an executive comfortable directly calling on customers to drive initial sales as much as laying out the organizational groundwork for this recently created business unit.
The candidate must enjoy working for a privately held / investor backed company that is growth-focused and knows our talent is who drives company performance. Our preference is a relocation to our Dallas, Texas location, but are open to remote candidates with travel to Dallas as long as the candidate brings highly relatable experiences in this industry.
We offer a competitive base salary along with performance bonuses, health insurance, 401K, PTO and an employee ownership program.
Our ideal executive brings
- Proven sales record in working with food ingredient sales in a similar market; preference for candidates with prior experience with nuts, dried and frozen fruit
- Prior experiences breaking into new markets and developing a team
- Inherent traits of high-drive and “do whatever it takes” mentality
- Comfort with travel both domestic and international
- Define our strategy and go-to-market approach for our shelled pecans
- Initially prospect and build all customer relationships while building a team over time
- Assist with pricing analysis and strategy
- Manage the targeted marketing initiatives both internally and externally working an outside agency work to support the sales strategy
- Manage the division budget
- Manage the sales forecasts and KPIs for the division
- Develop close working relationships across the organization including marketing and logistics
- Be the voice of the customer to PGF to make adjustments to better meet their needs
- Analyze and understand the impact of market conditions and industry trends as well as competitor data to adjust strategy
- Create a hiring plan for the sales team; develop and coach sales team for optimal sales performance
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience of demonstrated success in selling to the food ingredient market
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing and/or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Proven success in being able to develop sales strategies and develop new business opportunities
- Prior experience in building and leading sales teams
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.