Frontier Cooperative is rooted in over 100 years of serving our agricultural community. Today, we have grown to 50 locations with over 400 employees during peak season. We are a full-service cooperative providing agronomy services, grain, energy, and feed. Frontier provides a positive and unique experience hard to find elsewhere. The “Frontier experience” which is a customer-first focus is ingrained in how we operate and interact with our growers. We strive to be the leader in digital trends, operations, safety, and people engagement.
We’re offering an exciting career opportunity as an Agronomy Crop Advisor for our Belgrade, NE location. In this role you would be providing technical expertise and sales of our seed, nutrient, and crop protection products to local growers. Spending a significant amount of your time on-farms, you would be expanding on existing relationships and focused on further growth adding new accounts to the territory. You would be inheriting current accounts (60% of your time) and prospecting new (40% of your time). Enjoy working in a role where you truly place the customers’ needs first.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Prior sales experience with an understanding/passion for agriculture; we are open to backgrounds where you may have sold other ag products/machinery, or you are currently selling outside the industry and looking to be in ag
- Proven ability to build relationships and comfort prospecting
- Professional communication and natural ability to connect with others
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relatable experience
- Willingness to obtain a CDL Class B with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
We offer competitive compensation and bonus structure along with medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSA), voluntary dental, voluntary vision 401K, paid time off, holiday pay, and coop retirement. We also offer a culture where safety is first!
What you would be doing:
- Interact with prospects and customers to ensure a positive experience
- Work closely with our growers to understand their specific agronomic needs
- Spend time with growers during pre-season and throughout the growing season to recommend products that enhance yield
- Analyze sales opportunities and solve customer problems
- Keep accurate track of customer interactions and sales orders
- Stay current on technical product knowledge
- Work cross-functionally within the organization especially when a customer may be making purchases from other product lines such as feed or energy
- Work closely with operations on execution of spraying & spreading
- Help in any way necessary especially in the busy season to service the customer
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.