The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for Technicians who are excited to enhance production and experiment with crops in a variety of hydroponic growing environments. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced energetic environment, you’ve found the right place!
This Technician will be engaged with the company’s efforts to enhance the production and research of crops in various hydroponic growing environments. The person will assist with plant handling, harvesting, seeding, monitoring, as well as collection of environmental and production data.
Type of Role
What You’ll Do
- Plant, harvest, and transplant crops and ensuring overall plant health
- Assist the Research Scientist with controlling and optimizing the production environment to maximize product quality & yield
- Work with high-intensity plant production equipment
- Pest and nutrient management
- Collect plant and environmental data with sophisticated measuring equipment
- Experimental set-up and execution
- Chemical mixing and calculating chemical ratios for plant nutrient solutions
- Sanitizing lab/plant materials and equipment
- Assist in a broad range of scientific activities including but not limited to applied literature review, preparing plant tissue samples, and practicing safe chemical material handling
What We’re Looking For
- BS in Botany, Agronomy, Horticulture or agriculture-related field or 2 years of related work experience
- Experience with plant research in a nursery production or lab setting
- Understanding of plant science, horticulture and plant materials, propagation, pest management, crop production
- Technical problem solving and prioritization skills
- Experience with common data collection, analysis and documentation tools
- Humble, teachable team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and implement changes quickly
- Flexibility to work weekends as scheduled
- Interest in hydroponic fruit and vegetable production
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces in varied conditions around bees
- Ability to assist in a wide array of activities in operating a large-scale hydroponic research farm
- Bonus points: Basic comprehension of hydroponic systems & plumbing
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that’s better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Computer Software
- Food Production
- Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.