Website Bowery Farming
About The Role
Bowery Farming is now searching for an innovative and systems-oriented engineer to be a part of our global initiative. As a Technical Designer, you will work with our team of talented engineers and scientists in the design and development of physical systems and facilities in supporting our indoor farms to create the ideal conditions for growing and delivering the purest produce imaginable. A successful candidate will have the ability to operate within a face paced ambiguous environment by leveraging their demonstrated background in Computer Aided Design and Development, process design, and internal motivation. Bowery encourages innovation and expects our team-members to take ownership in helping solve complex problems.
This role is based in NYC at our HQ with expected travel to all of our farms (about 40% travel).
What You’ll Do
- Prepare design drawings and construction documents per relevant industry codes, regulations and standards
- Design optimal solutions to aid in equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations
- Simultaneously manage multiple high visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
- Collaborate with internal teams (design and automation engineers, supply chain, sales, agricultural science, operations, etc) and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time
Who You Are
- Experience in the Technical Design or related experience in Design/Innovation, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, or related
- Experience using AutoCAD, 3D Design and development, Revit, Civil 3D and Navisworks package
- Experience preparing and coordinating technical documentation (engineering drawings, specifications, statements of work)
- Experience with automated material handling equipment and systems including robotics
- Experience with process design and process/material/information flow best practices
- Experience with building facility Capacity/Throughput models
- Facility design and development
- Project management skills
- Design-in-Safety experience
- Ability to use business/technical software such as Microsoft suite (Excel, Project, Word and Visio)
- Automated controls experience
- Food manufacturing and handling industry experience
- Lean and Six Sigma certification experience
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.