About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a Senior Scientist to join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
The backing of some very impressive firms like Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds
AeroFarms is looking for a talented Senior Scientist with a Plant Science, Plant Physiology/Eco-physiology or Horticulture background to conduct applied research focused on the impact of abiotic stresses on plant physiology in specialty crops such as berries and small fruits. In this role, you will join a talented team of scientists and work cross-functionally to ensure the success of long-range goals and strategies. The Senior Plant Scientist will lead the experimental design, execution, and data analysis for all assigned projects. In addition, you will coordinate as needed with partners and other external collaborators as needed in partnership with our business development team.
- Conduct experiments to characterize plant responses to environmental stressors in controlled environments to improve quality and yield
- Apply the combination of physiological research and horticultural methods to grow the best plants
- Serve as a subject matter expert to improve growing systems and to develop future generations of growing equipment
- Work collaboratively with other team members and departments such as engineering, IT, operations, and horticulture
- Report findings internally and to partners
- Manage and maintain analytical equipment and growing systems
- Remain up to date on research developments for specialty crops in controlled environments.
- A Ph.D. in Plant Physiology/Eco-physiology, Horticulture, Plant Sciences, or an MS and equivalent experience
- A passion for plants and has spent the last 5-7 years in controlled environment agriculture, horticulture, or plant science research (post-doctoral research counts as work experience)
- Experience growing small fruit crops such as berries and other specialty crops
- Strong background in characterizing plant physiological processes and agronomic/ horticultural traits including plant yield and quality in response to abiotic stress
- Experience with the characterization of plants, including imaging, phenotyping, chemical analysis, and/or objective measurements of taste and texture
- A proven record in the timely completion of complex research projects and a portfolio of examples of your work
- Aptitude with statistical analysis and related software
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with operating controlled environment agriculture systems
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.