About the job
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming and fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards and we need someone special who can bring their experience as a Software Engineer to help us grow further. Must be aligned with our mission and passionate about making a difference.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Software Engineer with strong technical, problem-solving, and design skills. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong software development skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You will work with the development team to design and deliver finished, high quality, and compelling features and products on an on-time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive, cutting-edge, and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and rewards.
- Design and build horizontally scalable components within a new major platform that the team is developing.
- Write reusable and extendable code and become a key contributor to the core platform.
- Partner with other departments to design and deploy critical systems on our infrastructure.
- Consistently work to make our software simpler.
- Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, math, or engineering required
- Experience in databases (relational/document/etc.). Experience with PostgreSQL and TimescaleDB is a plus.
- Strong experience with Docker and/or container-oriented DevOps.
- Strong in Computer Science and/or Math.
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Experience building distributed and scalable complex services as well as robust microservices.
- Experience with web services development, REST or GraphQL interfaces, NodeJS and React preferred.
- Capable of mentoring junior developers in best practices and procedures.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), AWS, or Azure is a plus.
- Experience with computer vision and machine learning/AI a plus.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.