What You’ll Do:
- Create innovative automation solutions and advance the state of indoor farming alongside mechanical engineers, agricultural scientists, and the farm operations team.
- Build responsive, mobile-first web applications to support the demands of farm operations and agricultural science teams.
- Develop systems to collect, process, and visualize data related to plant health and growing environment characteristics.
- Optimize crop cycles and workflow schedules to improve yields and make the best use of time in the farm.
- Scale systems to handle more farms, more sensors, more crops, and more operators.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance developer productivity.
Who You Are:
- You have experience developing and scaling production web applications using Phoenix, Rails, Node, or similar backend MVC frameworks.
- You proactively mitigate issues through test-driven development, continuous deployment, and thoughtful monitoring and alerting.
- You’ve used implementations of protocols like MQTT, XMPP, and AMQP to handle messaging between services in a distributed system.
- You’re excited about how advancements in machine learning and IoT can work in harmony to improve the state of the planet.
- You are able to establish scope of assigned tasks, execute on them, and independently communicate status updates.
- You participate in code reviews and give constructive feedback to peers
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
- You’re confident in taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.