Who we’re looking for
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join the Software team to help realize our vision for an optimized, intelligent farm. As part of our team, you will lead our efforts to optimize and harden our software stack. This is a unique role that allows a person to explore systems ranging from robot navigation, to machine vision, to planning, and robot manipulation. You will play a key role in our efforts to develop, deploy, and maintain production-quality code that runs on the robots and on our servers.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer who cares about the craft of coding and system architecture. Deep knowledge of C++ and a good understanding of Python, concurrency and networking are required. This is a great position for a software engineer who is interested in learning more about robotics.
What will you do here?
- Own, architect, and implement software systems for simulation, physical robots, systems and devices
- Improve our software practices by providing guidance through architecture designs, design and code reviews
- Integrate and test software solutions in simulation and on physical robots
- Work with internal teams to identify needs, gather requirements and compile requirement documents
- Work with and mentor software engineering team members
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer writing production-quality code in C++
- Experience with Python, concurrency and networking
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to commute to our offices in San Carlos and Gilroy to work on physical robots as needed
Nice to haves
- Background in robotics or 3D simulation/games/tools
- Experience in ROS/ROS2
- Experience with system integration and development on physical systems
- Embedded Linux software development
- An interest in agriculture
- Iron Ox is a small startup with a big dream. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- We’re a tight-knit group that likes to work hard while also having fun
- We offer medical, dental, vision and 401k
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, software engineers and hardware engineers are passionate about bringing forward this new wave of technology to grow local, affordable fresh produce. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and others. Our HQ is located conveniently near the CalTrain station in San Carlos, CA.
At Iron Ox, we are automating the entire plant production process. From the development of multiple robot platforms, to our own custom hydroponic, seeding, and harvesting systems, we are taking a system-level approach to creating the ideal farm.
Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever growing population.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.