Website Sensei Ag
About the job
About Sensei Ag
Sensei Ag is a market-changing AgTech company aiming to solve global gaps and inconsistencies in nutrition, food safety, and food security through the transformative power of data. Guided by the capabilities and insights of our founders, technology entrepreneur Larry Ellison and Dr. David Agus, we design, develop and deploy cutting-edge agricultural technologies to build a better, more stable food supply that is capable of feeding our entire world nutritionally-relevant, delicious, affordable meals.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
You can read our story here or see some recent press: Business Wire, Condé Nast Traveler
Sensei Ag is seeking a Senior Scrum Master with 5-7 years of experience to facilitate all scrum ceremonies, coach and mentor team members, help the Product Owner manage the backlog and release planning.
- Overall Functions
- Facilitate work across Scrum teams to ensure Scrum activities, including Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Refinement, Daily Scrum, and Sprint Retrospective meetings as well as continuous refinement.
- Build a safe and trusting team environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Help project teams and help them do their jobs more effectively by streamlining process and bureaucracy, offering training, mentoring and quality assurance
- Encourage radical transparency. Foster ever-improving intra- and inter-team dynamics.
- Support the Product Owner manage customer expectations and stakeholder communications.
- Demonstrated Experience to support scrum teams through the complete development life cycles using Agile Methodology and Scrum or Kanban approaches.
- Support each Product Owner to refine and prioritize their Backlog in alignment with business goals.
- Maintain an open dialog with the Product Owners and team members through recurring one-on-one meetings to coach and mentor entire team.
- Work closely with other Scrum Masters and Project Team to help grow agile within the organization
- Team Facilitation
- Lead high performing Agile teams by assisting teams in setting and meeting commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources for continuous team improvement; cultivating an environment for the team to succeed.
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the ‘big picture’ view. Capable of improvising, adapting, and overcoming when obstacles materialize.
- Knows best practices of working in an agile mindset for multiple teams.
- Works as a team player but also a leader and can easily switch between the two depending on the situation and needs of the team, embodying a servant-leader.
- Manage confrontation and uncomfortable conversations with poise and respect
- Product Owner Support
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of feedback.
- Support Product Owner on other duties as collaboratively agreed upon.
- Coach Product Owner, members of the team, organization as needed to optimize the efficiency of the scrum team.
- Team Planning and Management
- Organize team reporting and working meetings; support the team in managing progress; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans (iterate as necessary); with focus on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Facilitate team establishment and monitoring of backlog, sprints, iterations and value/metrics. Organizing and participating in stakeholder meeting: team inspection and adaptation.
- Focuses the team to delivering product increments and getting to customer feedback.
- Pioneers in experimenting, approaching obstacles with fresh ideas.
- Process Management and Improvement
- Ensure tools, processes and operations of agile delivery teams align with the organization’s procedures and policies (product development process, quality systems and other applicable functional procedures).
- Coordinate with agile leadership and peers in ongoing implementation of agile; best practices, scaling, continuous improvement, agile mindset.
- Collaborate with others to continuously experiment improving agile practices across the organization, being systematic in the process.
- Decision making presented in a practical, proven approach.
- Proactively engages in the direction of agile across teams and the organization, always looking and working towards leveling up.
- Overall Functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related fields
- 5-7 years of Scrum Master experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years total business experience (program/project management) required
- Experience training and managing Scrum teams
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Adaptable and flexible in a cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with MS Project, JIRA, MS Office
- Sufficient Understanding of Technology and Business
- Ability to lead retrospectives, document outcomes, and guide team members in best practices
- Skilled in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, and coach high-performing development teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment and work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously without impact to quality of work
- Experience being on Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes/organizations/cultures)
- Demonstrated experience in issue identification and resolution
- Moderate to expert-level knowledge of JIRA or other agile tools to measure team productivity and report metrics
- Must possess and utilize exceptional communication skills to keep teams operating at maximum efficiency while also ensuring senior leaders and executive management are informed of progress at all times
Preferred Skills And Abilities
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- Experience in product management, change management, and scaling technical teams is a plus
- Able to resolve conflict by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect
- Servant-leader mindset
- Strong mentorship and coaching capabilities
- Synthesis and summary of complex information
- Creative problem solving
- Strong desire to learn new information
Traits We Value
- Appreciation for transforming health and the future of food
- Smart, not arrogant
- Humble and hardworking
- Entrepreneurial, not risk averse
- Kind and genuine
- Grit and lots of it
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Flexible PTO, vacation days and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.