Website Bowery Farming
About the job
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role
As Bowery’s Product Marketing Manager – Innovation, you’ll play a crucial role in driving profitable growth through product and portfolio expansion and will support Bowery’s entry into new categories, markets and retailers. Reporting to the Senior Director of Commercial Product and Innovation , you’ll be expected to take a consumer, customer and insights driven approach to innovation, and to work with multiple stakeholder groups to build, manage, and steward Bowery’s product and packaging innovation pipeline (both core product + breakthrough innovation). A strong candidate will be able to define and deliver work streams from end-to-end, and will be equally comfortable working with numbers as with people. This is a unique opportunity to build a category-defining brand and support rapid growth at a mission-driven company. As a member of a growing team, you will be operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, moving quickly to test, learn and implement new strategies and approaches to product development and portfolio management.
What You’ll Do
- Use data and analytics (both syndicated and scrappy) to drive insights and identify market opportunities that align with our brand
- Gather and prioritize customer/consumer needs and distill down into requirements that guide our product vision
- Develop concepts that are vetted internally (finance, ops, engineering, agriculture science) and externally (consumers, customers) from ideation through feasibility
- Build product and packaging roadmaps that map back to company goals and priorities and support new & existing product narratives
- Collaborate with the Director of Business Development on development opportunities that may drive research priorities and/or focus on new/existing products
- Lead packaging design and development for new products
- Manage new products and packaging through the product development stage-gate process and ensure strong cross-functional alignment at each step
- Be a critical stakeholder in driving go-to-market strategies for our new products and analyzing the success of new products
- Identify areas of improvement to ensure that our product development efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals
- Be an internal product advocate — collect internal feedback and find opportunities to showcase new products
Who You Are
- An experienced product marketer and/or business operator with experience in commercial strategy, brand and/or category management (ideally with a background in food or consumer products)
- A creative problem solver who thrives in ambiguity and has the ability to effectively collaborate
- A multitasker with experience managing and motivating multiple stakeholders and dynamic timelines for a cross-functional team
- An effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to break down complex concepts and collaborate with people at all levels and in various functions
- A project manager with excellent organization skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, as well as a successful track record of hands-on management from concept through launch
- A passionate voice for our consumer with a strong understanding of consumer needs and ability to translate these into product requirement (insights experience a plus)
- An individual with experience at and/or comfort around working at a rapidly-evolving, product-driven company
- Someone who is excited about how technology can improve the state of the planet and our food supply
Bowery’s headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.