Senior Merchandise and Marketing Manager
Website Roots & Harvest
About the job
The Senior Manager of Marketing and Merchandising is accountable the planning and development of our Roots and Harvest line of products. Responsibilities include the development of the business unit’s product, pricing, positioning strategies as well as promotional plannning, public and community relations, category development and new product pipeline. Specific areas of focus include:
- Identifies key trends and opportunities, builds business cases to support new ideas, and drives action to achieve the objectives.
- Small scale, first hand market research in combination with other relevant information sources bringing insights to spot emerging consumer trends for further investigation .
- All aspects of assortment , pricing, and promotion planning.
- Develops and nurture community and trade relationships (consumers, prospective vendors, industry experts, professional and edia organizations, and influencers).
- Collaborates with Brand Director, Product Manager and Engineering to assist in creating new or improved products as well as product line extensions
- Brainstorms unconventional and inexpensive research, marketing and promotional concepts which drive brand awareness and equity
- Oversee E-commerce merchandise planning and execution,working closely with Senior Manager Digital Marketing
- Develops category and SKU level price strategies.
- Maintains communications with vendors negotating for programs, modifications, exceptions, and pricing.
- Ensures product selection and flow of goods aligns with financial plans. Develops assortments that support overall strategy of in stock positioning for key merchandise categories, balanced presentations, and accurate and timely receipt flow
Critical success factors include
- Ability to employ small scale, grass roots market research with “category active” consumers and acessing various relevant sources of information to spot emerging opportunities and consumer trends for further investigation.
- Skills and experience cultivating and developing relationships with innovative product and thought leaders in our category
- Passion for consumer insights and interest in the wellness, urban farming, organic and natural food, and more self sufficient or healthier lifestyles
This is a full time in office position. Our offices are located in West Chester, Ohio.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.