Gotham Greens is seeking a Senior Manager, Product Innovation & Insights to think big picture about our business goals, help shape the company’s innovation roadmap and lead new product development across all categories. This role will translate business needs into long-term opportunities while shepherding short-term innovation projects. This role reports to the Director of Marketing.
Areas of Responsibility
- Create and develop portfolio architecture and innovation roadmap that aligns with the brand’s mission and value proposition
- Maintain a consistent, robust understanding of the businesses, competitors and the trends shaping our categories
- Analyze syndicated data and conduct consumer insights research to identify compelling innovation opportunities across existing and new categories
- Develop and test concepts based on consumer insights and market research that will sustain the company’s growth
- Build strong business cases, including forecast volumes, margin analysis, pricing and P&L, to validate opportunities and ensure opportunities meet financial objectives
- Lead complex cross-functional projects, shepherding innovation from concept to
commercialization by following a stage gate process in close partnership with operations, finance, sales and marketing teams
- Collaborate closely with sales and marketing teams on sell-in and go-to-market strategies to secure business objectives, distribution, trial and repeat, ensuring successful new product launches
- Analyze product and portfolio performance and champion product improvements
- 5-7+ years in brand strategy and/or product innovation (food/CPG industry a plus)
- Deep understanding of consumers and current and emerging trends, curiosity and an insights-led approach to innovation
- Interest in data-informed decision making and ability to problem solve with and without perfect metrics
- Experience bringing new products to market, from concept development to launch
- Highly effective project manager with a solution-orientated mindset and experience managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Strategic thinker with the ability to lead through influence, overcome challenges and propose solutions. We are seeking a motivated self-starter with a record of “figuring it out”
- Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking and presenting)
- Proficient with syndicated data (e.g., Nielsen, IRI), consumer research, analytical tools and concept testing
- Passionate commitment to company vision and appreciation of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
To apply for this job please visit www.gothamgreens.com.