Website Root AI
About the job
Senior Electrical Engineer
This is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded agricultural robotics startup. You’d report directly to head of Electrical Engineering. Offers come with a substantial equity grant, and our culture is built around shared wins. Success in the role will rapidly yield significant professional and personal growth.
Root.ai is seeking to make transformative changes in the way greenhouse-grown fruit is harvested. Our flagship product, Virgo, combines sophisticated robotics with advanced machine learning/computer vision techniques. We need your help designing the electronics to enable this vision.
We are looking for a senior-level electrical engineer. A candidate who has the right fit must believe in our mission to transform agriculture, and be excited to work in a small, dynamic startup team in the agricultural robotics space.
- Prior professional experience in electronics design and electronic system design. This role involves both designing circuit boards, as well as integrating pre-designed electronics from other vendors.
- Prior experience in a crossfunctional research and development team.
- Comfort working closely with hardware at an electronics level. You should be ace with an oscilloscope, logic analyzer, and rework equipment.
We prefer candidates who have:
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated product development experience; ideally with one shipped product.
- Experience in robotics, industrial controls, or automotive electronics.
- Some comfort level in writing firmware. We’d love a candidate who can program the boards they design!
We’re particularly interested in you if you have experience with any of the following:
- Motor Control – either at the system or electronics level.
- Power Distribution/Wire Harness Design
- Battery Management and Charging/Power Management
- Designing electronics with KiCAD, and shipping them at scale
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.