Website Sensei Ag
About the job
About Sensei Ag
Sensei Ag is a market-changing AgTech company aiming to solve global gaps and inconsistencies in nutrition, food safety, and food security through the transformative power of data. Guided by the capabilities and insights of our founders, technology entrepreneur Larry Ellison and Dr. David Agus, we design, develop and deploy cutting-edge agricultural technologies to build a better, more stable food supply that is capable of feeding our entire world nutritionally-relevant, delicious, affordable meals.
Everything we do is evidence-led, radically transparent, always enriching.
You can read our story here or see some recent press: Business Wire, Condé Nast Traveler
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Corporate Accountant to join our team. This person is self-motivated, has a focus on details, and has strong technical accounting skills. The Senior Corporate Accountant will work with several accounting team members to ensure that financials are completed on an accurate basis. Ideally you have experience with month end close, fixed assets, and lease accounting. You will report to the Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have effective communication skills, a passion for growth and learning and thrives in a highly collaborative workplace.
- Support the month-end close activities including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and flux analysis.
- Work with Farm Innovation to record and track accurate recording of Acquisitions, Retrofit Construction Projects into Fixed Assets
- Be the expert on internally developed and internal use software capitalization and leases (ASC 350-40/50 and 842)
- Assist with any Sox Compliance projects in the future by recommending and implementing Sox Controls
- Work with several teams to resolve issues and to advise on accounting effects on both domestic and international issues
- Assist with System implementations
- Assist in quarterly and annual audits
- Bachelor’s egree in Accounting, or other applicable field of expertise
- 4+ years of experience with a mix of both public accounting and private experience.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and internal controls
- NetSuite experience (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) skills
- Excellent reasoning, analytical, and reporting skills
- Excellent communication, employee relations, and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills – capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- A CPA License (a bonus)
Traits We Value
- Appreciation for transforming health and the future of food
- Loves a good challenge
- Resourceful and adaptable
- A strong sense of curiosity
- Embraces feedback and continually seeks to improve
- Collaborative and knows how to get things done as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA plans
- Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Flexible PTO, vacation days and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.