About the job
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking Seeding Technicians. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
- Follows all policies and procedures in the seeding area. Such as people safety, food safety, pre-op’s and post-op’s of the automatic seeder, and seeding area.
- Must follow directions given by seeding coordinator, and machine operator.
- Mounts enough cloth inventory in advance for future seeding.
- Prepares all pre-op and post-op cleanings of seeding area, germination carts, and seed storage areas
- Ensure proper cleaning and changeover of seeding drums.
- Ensures all seeding plan of the day is confirmed with proper lot codes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak basic English (required)
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (<40F) for short periods of time.
- Availability to work weekends is a must.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good basic math skills.
- Ability to use scales, calculators, computers, and tablets.
- Experience in textiles/sewing preferred.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.