Sanitation Technician – Baltimore
Website gothamgreens Gotham Greens
Gotham Greens is seeking a passionate, driven, and hardworking individual to fill a position as a Cleaning/Sanitation Technician. The Technician is responsible for day-to-day tasks as directed by the Assistant Plant Manager. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves, and isn’t afraid to get dirty.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and work areas (including bathrooms, break rooms, hallways, stairwells, packhouse, nursery and under growing lines) in the entire greenhouse on second shift. 1pm – 9pm. Subject to change as needed.
- Clean quickly and effectively as directed using materials and tools provided by Gotham Greens.
- Must be able to work in tight quarters and hard to reach areas, such as under growing lines, etc.
- Must learn and follow procedures in the proper way to clean & sanitize.
- Responsible for working in a safe manner, following safe work practices at all times.
- Must wear proper PPE (personal protective equipment) at all times.
- Provide ideas to improve efficiencies and cleanliness.
- Leads by example with a “can do” attitude
- Laser focused attention to detail
- Great multitasking abilities
- Desire to grow and learn food safety rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift.
- A willingness and desire to assist in unrelated and/or unassigned tasks to ensure the effective operation of the greenhouse and packhouse.
- Must be a problem solver and be capable of identifying areas of efficiencies.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.