Who we’re looking for
As a Robotics Engineer you will join the Robotics team to help realize our vision for an optimized, intelligent farm. Some of the exciting challenges we are tackling include: SLAM systems, multi-robot traffic management and sensors integration.
You will play a key role in our efforts to develop, deploy, and maintain production-quality code that runs on the robots and in the cloud.
What will you do here?
- Design, implement, and validate features in ROS (C++ and Python)
- Integrate and test software solutions in simulation and on physical robots
- Collaborate with members of our software, hardware, growing, and operations teams
- Participate in architecture reviews and code reviews
- 1+ years of experience as a Robotics Engineer writing production-quality code in C++ and Python
- Fluent in both C++ and Python
- Experience with ROS and/or 3D simulation, games or tools
- Solid knowledge of robotics algorithms: planning, localization, control, computer vision
- BS in robotics or related field (MS or PhD preferred)
- Ability to occasionally commute to our offices in San Carlos and Gilroy to work on physical robots
Nice to haves
- You have shipped a product
- Experience with system integration and development on physical robots
- Experience in systems architecture
- Embedded Linux software development
- Experience with perception/vision libraries including OpenCV or PCL
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Pytorch, etc)
- Experience with a CI system (e.g. Travis, Jenkins, Gitlab)
- An interest in agriculture
- Iron Ox is a small startup with a big dream. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- We’re a tight-knit group that likes to work hard while also having fun
- We offer medical, dental, vision and 401k
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, software engineers and hardware engineers are passionate about bringing forward this new wave of technology to grow local, affordable fresh produce. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and other top Silicon Valley investors. Our HQ is located conveniently near the CalTrain station in San Carlos, CA.
At Iron Ox, we are automating the entire plant production process. From the development of multiple robot platforms, to our own custom hydroponic, seeding, and harvesting systems, we are taking a system-level approach to creating the ideal farm.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.